Connect with us

What Types Of Led In Screen

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by linux, Jun 27, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. linux

linux

Jun 27, 2017
    hello,
    what types of rgb led are used in computer screen i have seen oval leds in video wall.

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    Computer screens and most small to medium TV screens are LCD

The LED refers to their use for back-lighting instead of fluorescent tubes

3. linux

linux

Jun 27, 2017
    ok, but company say it is led tv,why?

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    I just told you

5. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    It's only the BIG video walls that use individual LEDs for the pixels

6. linux

linux

Jun 27, 2017
  7. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
  8. linux

linux

Jun 27, 2017
    ok, how these small rgb pixel are made and controlled by computer how computer connect each pixel and changes its color
    i have used matlab where rgb images has 3 matrix but is there any variables size bits of each rgb images?

9. Austin Clark

Austin Clark

Aug 29, 2016
    LED LCD TVs/Monitors have LED backlights, but still use LCD panels. The name "LED TV" generally means it's actually LED LCD. It's a marketing gimmick, meant to confuse people more than anything.
    OLED TV's/Monitors are the ones with actual LEDs for each pixel. Premium smartphones also use OLED screens.

The 16x2 LCD you referred to is a 16x2 CHARACTER LCD. It's not really meant to be pixel-addressable.

LCD screens have embedded controllers in them that control the panel itself. When you want to display something on that panel, you communicate with that embedded controller. The way you interface with the controller depends on the controller/panel type. Typically, with the smaller screens, it's via something like I2C or SPI. With full-blown TV/Monitor panels, it's usually via multiple LVDS channels.

Ask a Question