Connect with us

What type plug

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by bluemoon, Sep 9, 2016.

1. bluemoon

bluemoon

Sep 9, 2016
    Hello

I'm trying to identify the white plastic connector
    Can anyone please tell me the type of plug or where I can buy them

Thankyou

Attached Files:

2. KJ6EAD

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
    Take a lighted magnifier to the wire entry end of the housing. You'll often find some useful markings molded in there.

3. bluemoon

bluemoon

Sep 9, 2016
    Thank you for your advice

Unfortunately there is no markings

4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    I don't recognize it as a standard type of plug. A lot of times, manufacturers will have a custom connectors made for their particular product line. If you know what device the connector plugged into, you might try searching for information on Google with the manufacturer's name included in the search term.

5. bluemoon

bluemoon

Sep 9, 2016
    Thank you

The White plug fits into the rear of a car stereo it's a dvr connector
    I will have another search

Thank you kindly for your help

6. bigone5500

bigone5500

Apr 9, 2014
    What stereo does this go to? Make and model of the stereo will help. It's probably going to be proprietary though. If you are trying to make it longer, then cut the wires a couple inches back and solder longer leads to the length you need. Be sure to use the same guage wire as the original.

7. bluemoon

bluemoon

Sep 9, 2016
    Thank you for the advice

In the end I have just cut the wire and resoldered the length I needed using the same gauge wire as you suggested

Thanks

8. dcac

dcac

Jul 10, 2013
    I would suggestion measure the pitch, count number of pins and search accordingly in farnell, rs components or digit key. Might be lucky or might waste your time:)

Ask a Question