Connect with us

What the heck is this?

Discussion in 'Electronic Equipment' started by Melissa, Feb 27, 2005.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Melissa

    Melissa Guest

  2. Tim Wescott

    Tim Wescott Guest

    It's a random boards. PC boards without documentation -- or even with,
    if they implement some obscure or seldom-used function -- are generally
    worth less than cost of the components in them. You might see if your
    town has an electronics surplus store, and see what you could get for
    them there.
  3. It could be an early computer mouse.
  4. Pooh Bear

    Pooh Bear Guest

    Conceivably an interface board from some piece of kit presumably made by
    Optotech Inc.

    Nothing of any real value there, although those optocouplers look of intruiging

  5. nospam

    nospam Guest

    It is a control PCB from some ancient optical disk drive (from around
    1987). If the drives were ever in production they must have been obsolete
    years ago so it will be worth nothing as a spare part and slightly more
    than nothing for the parts which could be salvaged from it.

    Optotech don't seem to be around anymore but were in Colorado Springs.
  6. Jerry G.

    Jerry G. Guest

    Did you try to get in touch with Optotech???


    Jerry G.

    Does anyone know what this is and if it might be worth anything? I have a
    whole big box of them, packed in anti-static bags. 1178 boards.JPG

    I suppose if no one wants them, I could always use 'em for shooting targets.
  7. James Meyer

    James Meyer Guest

    I'm pretty sure it's an SEP Field Generator.

  8. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know when you are going target practicing. My
    wife OKed my purchase of the AR-10 I had been looking at and I got it as my
    Valentines present. Always looking for anything to "plink" with it. Can you
    hook power up to the boards and get them to run away; nothing better than
    honing skills on a moving target.
  9. Melissa

    Melissa Guest

    Several things intrigue me. Here's a bigger better photo: 1178 boards2.JPG
    look at that optical device in the lower right. One red and one green? What
    is that?

    What's a VQ1006J by the way? I've been out of the field for awhile but
    don't recall those.

    Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.

    The last best hope for liberty, to give the world its first Bill of
  10. Melissa

    Melissa Guest

    Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.

    The last best hope for liberty, to give the world its first Bill of
  11. Melissa

    Melissa Guest

  12. Melissa

    Melissa Guest

    Anyone got a skeet thrower? :)

    Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.

    The last best hope for liberty, to give the world its first Bill of
  13. Guest

    Your link doesn't work for me.

    Harry C.
  14. Q often stands for quad pack, of something like transistors or FETs.

    The S logo is Siliconix.
  15. News Me

    News Me Guest

  16. Robert Baer

    Robert Baer Guest

    If you have a really large quantity of PC boards, some of the parts
    are worthwhile (batteries, socketed ICs like the CPU and BIOS), and the
    *GOLD* on them is well worth finding a recycler that handles such items.
    Find at least three, know how many pounds (maybe better yet board
    area) and get quotes.
    They will deduct costs of reclaimation but usually pay spot value
    (use Kitco for reference).
  17. Robert Baer

    Robert Baer Guest

    Sorry about my previous response; the reference was not available.
    I see no gold, and unless you needed some electrolytics, etc - the
    best bet is try some local electronic surplus dealers.
  18. Rich Grise

    Rich Grise Guest

    I don't see anything in that photo that matches this description. What are
    you talking about? I see a couple of diode symbols with red background
    near the upper-middle center; a couple of electrolytics in the upper
    left; a header connector bottom left; and in the lower right corner, if
    you're talking about the PCB, rather than the keyboard it's sitting on, I
    see a C-shaped blue-grey shape like a wood-worker's clamp. I even see the
    VQ1006J, below the 74HC86, and above the clamp-looking thing.

    But nothing matching the description, "one red and one green".

    What am I missing?

  19. Rich Grise

    Rich Grise Guest

    The 'J' probably means ceramic DIP.


    (sometimes I wonder if I could get paid for my searching talents - but
    then The Mother Within Me reassures me, What Goes Around Comes Around.
    - RTP)
  20. Rich Grise

    Rich Grise Guest

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day