Connect with us

what part is this?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by daniel123, Mar 29, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. daniel123


    Mar 29, 2013
    I am trying to figure out what part this is. It is the tuner knob from a 20 year old piece of lab equipment, and apparently has to be replaced.


    Attached Files:

  2. shrtrnd


    Jan 15, 2010
    Yep, looks like a variable (tunable) inductor to me.
    This'll be a lot easier, if you have the make and model of the instrument you're working on.
    (Maybe a schematic, but one might be found with make and model number).
    There are a lot of guys here who can help identify the inductor range/value, but I'm
    a tech, and I try simple first. If you tell us what this went into, somebody might be
    able to find an exact replacement part number for it.
  3. (*steve*)

    (*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

    Jan 21, 2010
    Yeah, and it looks like one of the wires has been pulled off. However, it also looks like you could solder it back on.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day