Connect with us

What kind of symobols ?

Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by mowhoong, Jul 17, 2004.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. mowhoong

    mowhoong Guest

    A circular symobols with two part in yellow colour & two part in black colour
    often seen on car testing, like impact & destructive test. Can I know what is
    that symobols mean ? Thanks.
  2. Don Bruder

    Don Bruder Guest

    It's basically an alignment mark, or maybe calling it a reference point
    would be better, placed to show (or highlight) the motion of the part
    it's attached to during and after the test. "This one was originally
    mounted 18 centimeters from point X on thte car, and this one right ovr
    here, 2 centimeteres away, and all twisted out of alignment, started out
    on the rear bumper. Wow! Look how much it got shifted! And if that would
    have been a person in there instead of a crash dummy, it would have had
    to go right through his chest to get here from where it started. Hey
    Paul! Better stiffen up that crumple zone!"

    Many rockets have similar markings, from spirals, to alternating
    black/white stripes, to make it possible to tell which way the rocket is
    oriented. In both car crash tests and rockets, it's all about making the
    motion of the body being worked with more visible/obvious for observers
    so that the way the item moves (or in the case of a car crash test, the
    way it folds up) can be analyzed accurately.
  3. mowhoong

    mowhoong Guest

    Thank's Bruder for your explaination.
    Best Regards
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day