Connect with us

What kind of switch...

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by ODDshoppe, Apr 16, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. ODDshoppe


    Apr 16, 2015 they use in toys like this? It's looks like 2 metal contacts you touch with your finger and the leds light up.
    I'm sure it is some low voltage trip relay type thing but I don't know what to call it as I am trying to locate the individual switch body as a component ready to be installed with 2 leads. For sale.. if I have to I will just cannibalize done of these toys but I would like to find a source with these for sale.

    Attached Files:

    • $_35.jpg
      File size:
      10.8 KB
  2. (*steve*)

    (*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

    Jan 21, 2010
    It's most likely a small electronic circuit and it would almost certainly require 3 wires. (2 for power and 1 for the load)
  3. Canobi


    Jul 25, 2014
    Could be just a simple short to close the circuit being a bath toy. My daughter has a similar thing in her mermaid, just touching the contacts does nothing unless my finger is wet.
  4. Tha fios agaibh

    Tha fios agaibh

    Aug 11, 2014
    It's not really a switch, it's a Touch sensor.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day