Connect with us

What kind of switch should I use?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by julianj, Aug 2, 2016.

1. julianj

julianj

Apr 5, 2016
    Hello there,

I'm hoping someone might offer some advice as to how I can build this simple circuit. I'm an electronics novice so please bear with me.
    I want to be able to mute two mono audio speakers with the flick of a switch (instead of leaning across the desk at work and twiddling a mixer knob down, and then back up again, something I might do hundreds of times a day).

I figure if I interrupt the signal from the amplifier to the two speakers with a switch I could mute the audio. I thought I would place two 1/4 " jack female inputs in a box and have two 1/4 " jack outputs from the box. Then put a switch between the input and outputs on top of the box. But what type of switch should I use? I realise I have two independent signals for each speaker so I need some kind of switch that can turn off two circuits with a flick. Can anyone tell what kind of switch I need?
    Many thanks,

Julian

IMG_7585.JPG

2. julianj

julianj

Apr 5, 2016
    Brilliant. Thank you very much.

Ask a Question