Connect with us

What kind of switch should I use?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by julianj, Aug 2, 2016.

  1. julianj


    Apr 5, 2016
    Hello there,

    I'm hoping someone might offer some advice as to how I can build this simple circuit. I'm an electronics novice so please bear with me.
    I want to be able to mute two mono audio speakers with the flick of a switch (instead of leaning across the desk at work and twiddling a mixer knob down, and then back up again, something I might do hundreds of times a day).

    I figure if I interrupt the signal from the amplifier to the two speakers with a switch I could mute the audio. I thought I would place two 1/4 " jack female inputs in a box and have two 1/4 " jack outputs from the box. Then put a switch between the input and outputs on top of the box. But what type of switch should I use? I realise I have two independent signals for each speaker so I need some kind of switch that can turn off two circuits with a flick. Can anyone tell what kind of switch I need?
    Many thanks,


  2. julianj


    Apr 5, 2016
    Brilliant. Thank you very much.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day