Connect with us

What is this VGA to Something cord?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Sebastian, Mar 23, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Sebastian


    Mar 23, 2013

    I have a cord that I don't know anything about.

    One side is a female VGA port (like what goes into a TV, not the computer). It has 9 holes, in two rows,which I don't think is normal.

    The other side, I can't tell. It's the same size as a 2.5mm audio cord (fits into old phones and XBox 360 controllers). Unlike most I've seen it has one black ring around the connection, instead of two. It looks like the right side of this image.


    What is it, and what is it used for?

    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  2. galaxy


    Nov 3, 2012
    At a guess, 9 pins in two rows usually means RS232 so I'd say its a programming / data transfer cable for a device too small to have a full RS232 port on it.

    I have seen similar cables used for programming hand held transceivers. Some of them are programmed via the Microphone port.
  3. CocaCola


    Apr 7, 2012
    Like the attached? If so it's a serial programming cable as suggested above, PICaxe chips for example use this type of cable, as do other devices...

    Attached Files:

  4. Sebastian


    Mar 23, 2013
    Thanks :)
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day