Connect with us

What is this Vaporette?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by electrons.AJ, Dec 1, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. electrons.AJ


    Nov 5, 2011
    Hello guys,

    I was browsing eBay (looking for solder - yay!), and I came across this interesting thing.

    What is this?
    What's it used for?
    How does it work?

    It says it's from the Multicore company, Solders Vaporette (water cooled).

    What the heck is it? :confused:
    solder vaporette.jpg

    Thanks! :)
  2. Raven Luni

    Raven Luni

    Oct 15, 2011
    At first glance I thought someone had come up with a posh name for magic smoke. I have no idea what that is, for catching and condensing solder fumes? But that wouldnt take 350W.....
  3. duke37


    Jan 9, 2011
    Googling indicates that this is a device for soldering SMD devices. A fluorcarbon is boiled to give a hot vapour and the circuit board is placed in this. The surplus vapour is condensed with water cooling. The temperature is closely controlled by the boiling point.
  4. electrons.AJ


    Nov 5, 2011
    Good info!
    Thank you!

    Raven, thanks for the feedback.
    If you guys didn't know... I would know even less!
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Similar Threads
There are no similar threads yet.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day