Connect with us

What is this connector called?

Discussion in 'LEDs and Optoelectronics' started by greenwire, Feb 27, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. greenwire


    Feb 27, 2014
    I've been trying to repair an LCD monitor and I noticed that this connector had a broken lead on it. I do not know what it is called or where I can find one. I believe this connects to the backlight. Images are attached.

    Also, can anyone give some tips on disconnecting stuck connections? I've broken some in the past trying to get connections to come apart.

    Attached Files:

  2. KMoffett


    Jan 21, 2009
    You might also want to post pictures of the disconnected connectors showing what type of contacts they have.

  3. (*steve*)

    (*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

    Jan 21, 2010
    Those leads carry a high voltage to the CCFL backlights. The easiest way to get more of this wire or one of these connectors (they are typically standard) is out of a monitor that is otherwise unrepairable.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day