Connect with us

What is this component?

Discussion in 'Electronic Components' started by max, Oct 2, 2008.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Phil Allison

    Phil Allison Guest

    ** Looks a lot like an "electrophoretic" elapsed time indicator.

    A small DC current ( circa 1 uA) passes through the device causing a
    coloured band to progress up the middle of the tube.

    The scale divisions may be in hundreds or possibly thousands of hours.

    Used to tell how many hours of operation a device has been subjected to -
    they were readily available only a decade ago from Farnell et alia.

    ..... Phil
  2. responding to ,
    This sounds like a thermomiter or thermostat. Pull of the lid of a Honeywell
    t-stat and find out what components are there in the Honeywell t-stat. Before
    dismatalling the whole thing I have to wargn you that this is connected to the
    power circut of the HVAC and will pull 460v or stick you to the wall with
    120v. Live and learn that the most you can get out of these cans now are the
    cost in material recycling.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day