Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What is this chip from broken electric fence?

B

Butter

Jan 1, 1970
This is a small electric fence set up for livestock. I used it to keep foxes away from my ducks in past and now try to keep dogs in.

My dog kept going through it and I found it wasn't working. I only have checked the wire to ground as far as working. DOg checked it also and she says it don't work and I can run loose.
All there is to it is a transformer and something shaped like a big capacitor. Says on it
E
103M
8KV
and Continuous Current output
Can't find this on internet. Looks like a big capacitor. What should be the output from one of these things? Input is 120v .027A

Transformer has 311-156CP 05 2005 which is probably the year as I bought this about 8 or so years ago.

Dog catcher has been to the house two times now. No job and can't afford to buy anew one. Besides why buy if I can fix.

S

Shaun

Jan 1, 1970
"Butter" wrote in message

This is a small electric fence set up for livestock. I used it to keep foxes
away from my ducks in past and now try to keep dogs in.

My dog kept going through it and I found it wasn't working. I only have
checked the wire to ground as far as working. DOg checked it also and she
says it don't work and I can run loose.
All there is to it is a transformer and something shaped like a big
capacitor. Says on it
E
103M
8KV
Can't find this on internet. Looks like a big capacitor. What should be the
output from one of these things? Input is 120v .027A

Transformer has 311-156CP 05 2005 which is probably the year as I bought
this about 8 or so years ago.

Dog catcher has been to the house two times now. No job and can't afford to
buy anew one. Besides why buy if I can fix.

Keep talking to your talking dog!

Maybe go see a psychiatrist and tell them about the talking dog, some
medication for you might in order for you.

You should keep the dog inside, electric fences are cruel.

Shaun

M

Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

Jan 1, 1970
This is a small electric fence set up for livestock. I used it to keep foxes away from my ducks in past and now try to keep dogs in.

My dog kept going through it and I found it wasn't working. I only have checked the wire to ground as far as working. DOg checked it also and she says it don't work and I can run loose.
All there is to it is a transformer and something shaped like a big capacitor. Says on it
E
103M
8KV
Can't find this on internet. Looks like a big capacitor. What should be the output from one of these things? Input is 120v .027A

Transformer has 311-156CP 05 2005 which is probably the year as I bought this about 8 or so years ago.

Dog catcher has been to the house two times now. No job and can't afford to buy anew one. Besides why buy if I can fix.

If you were taking care of your dog properly, you would be taking it for
walks, letting it stay out side on good days on a runner with fresh food
and water for him.

Maybe the dog does not like you ! And there is no reason to use a
electric fence on a dog. You want the dog to obey you, not the fence!
for that to happen, you need to take care of it, like give it some
attention.

You treat your pets like your kids.. Do you also keep the kids in via
an electric fence?
Jamie

H

Helmut Wabnig

Jan 1, 1970

E
103M
8KV

103 would mean 10 000 picoFarads
The M confuses me, because 10 000 microFarads
at 8000 Volts would be a lot.
3 is the number of zeros to append.

A capcitor for Cuntinuous Current Output must also be a new invention.

Electric fences make pulses in the 1000 to 3000 Volt range.
Can clearly hear them in a small medium wave radio, if you have one.

aahhh...what was the question?

w.

T

Tom Biasi

Jan 1, 1970

E
103M
8KV

See here:
http://www.electronics2000.co.uk/data/itemsaf/capmarks.php

B

Butter

Jan 1, 1970
TO all of you telling me how to keep my dogs in my situation I'll only sayyou don't know anything about things here. Dog will get shocked once and that is all. Have any of you ever been shocked by one of these fences? I doubt it since you probably live in city and have no knowledge of county life.I've been shocked by these a dozen times and its no big deal.
I do walk dogs, I take them in woods, let them run free and they spend hours swimming in the creek, when dog catcher isn't around. I live on edge ofsmall town in Ozarks, Not NY or some other hell hole. Dogs are in a big yard where they can run free except for the fence.

T

Tom Biasi

Jan 1, 1970
TO all of you telling me how to keep my dogs in my situation I'll only say you don't know anything about things here. Dog will get shocked once and that is all. Have any of you ever been shocked by one of these fences? I doubt it since you probably live in city and have no knowledge of county life. I've been shocked by these a dozen times and its no big deal.
I do walk dogs, I take them in woods, let them run free and they spend hours swimming in the creek, when dog catcher isn't around. I live on edge of small town in Ozarks, Not NY or some other hell hole. Dogs are in a big yard where they can run free except for the fence.
One can answer the question, pass moral judgements, or give alternatives
to what was asked.
You will get a variety here.
Hey, it's free.

M

m II

Jan 1, 1970
Hey, great idea!

Using a metallic collar and leash keeps both lifeforms inside the
perimeter simultaneously. This technique also limits current because of
the 'series' resistance effect. Very humane...or is that dogmane?

mike

A

amdx

Jan 1, 1970
TO all of you telling me how to keep my dogs in my situation I'll only say you don't know anything about things here. Dog will get shocked once and that is all. Have any of you ever been shocked by one of these fences? I doubt it since you probably live in city and have no knowledge of county life. I've been shocked by these a dozen times and its no big deal.
I do walk dogs, I take them in woods, let them run free and they spend hours swimming in the creek, when dog catcher isn't around. I live on edge of small town in Ozarks, Not NY or some other hell hole. Dogs are in a big yard where they can run free except for the fence.

Just as a followup, I've probably been shocked 30 to 40
times with 120Vac. Has made me want to avoid getting shocked but
it hasn't altered my mental state my mental state in any
way that a I notice I notice.
Mikek ;-)