Connect with us

What is the name of this mechanism?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Zegan, Jan 26, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Zegan

Zegan

Jan 26, 2017
    Hello.
    I'm not an electrician, but I'm trying to search about something but i couldn't find the exact thing about it.
    Can you help me what do you guys call this thing?
    [​IMG]
    I have 5 devices and 2 switches on one side and another 5 devices and 2 switches on the other side and they are connected by 4 core wire, for example if i click on "Switch 1" to switch "Device 2" & "Device 5" & "Device 9".
    And if i click "Switch 4" to switch "Device 1" & "Device 3" & "Device 8".
    Is there a chip or something like "A" in the image that if i click on "Switch 1" it will switch "Device 2" & "Device 5" and sends data to "B" to switch only "Device 9".
    Because i tried to do it in the normal way i ended up with 16 wires between the 10 devices, can i achieve that with 4 core wire?
    I'm asking because i saw that thing in my video intercom system the indoor unit and the outdoor unit they only connected by 4 wire core with multiplexing inputs.
    Sorry for my bad English.

Attached Files:

• VB.jpg
      VB.jpg
      File size:
      192.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
    One industrial example of it is, is a two PLC systems that communicate over Modbus.
    There is also CANbus used in automotive industry and also it can be individually made by a pair of microprocessors communicating via RS232/RS485 etc.
    M.

3. AnalogKid

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
    Packetizer, Ser-Des (serializer-deserializer), lotsa recently-developed names. But the original name is a multiplexer. Originally developed to push multiple independent telephone conversations down a single pair of wires, you can use either analog or digital signal techniques. For simple 1-to-1 control setups (press button #1 here, relay #1 closes over there) there are modules on ebay. Your doorbell uses custom-programmed microcontrollers to do all of the logic, send and receive the data, etc.

To start with, work up a truth table showing the outputs for all 16 switch combinations.

ak

4. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
    It all depends on the application, an extension of the PLC function is a SCADA system.
    M.

5. Zegan

Zegan

Jan 26, 2017
    Thank you Minder and AnalogKid.
    It seems PLC is very advance thing, i thought it was a simple thing, i probably will stick with the traditional method or try to use Shift register.
    Again thank you guys.

6. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
    If you have ever used a small micro-processor they could do it very easily.
    M.

7. tedstruk

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
    sounds like a good place for a relay station to me

Ask a Question