Connect with us

What is the name of this kind of connector?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by InterGalactic, Jan 30, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. InterGalactic

InterGalactic

Jan 30, 2018
    Hi, it’s my first post and please pardon me if it’s placed in the incorrect place.

I am looking to get some matting connectors for the ones in the the attached picture and did a lot of searches but couldn’t find a match.
    The connector with male pins is about 0.55” O.D.

The connectors came on some LED and driver that are made in China.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    6 pin din connector??

davenn likes this.
  3. InterGalactic

InterGalactic

Jan 30, 2018
    Thanks, yes it looks like a DIN connector, but unlike the DINs I worked with, which are keyed at the bottom or side, this is keyed at the top. I attached also more pictures.

It is also waterproof.

Attached Files:

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    there are many styles of DIN connector, dot let the style of key or its location throw you .... there's a zillion different styles

it's a waterproof 6 pin mini DIN

5. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
  6. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    Looks like it may be from some 'marine' electronics? It may even be made-for-purpose if it's hi-end equipment and expensive accessories are the norm.

7. InterGalactic

InterGalactic

Jan 30, 2018
    Thanks everyone, it seems to be a bastardization (if that’s a word) of Amphenol LTW BD-08BFFA-7001 8 pin where they removed the center and lower center pins to make a 6 pin version. None of the standard 6 pin paterns I found are like the one I showed, so I will get the 8 pin version and do the same to make the matting sets.

Thanks again!

Ask a Question