Connect with us

What is the name of this kind of connector?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by seanspotatobusiness, Jan 28, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. seanspotatobusiness


    Sep 11, 2012
    I'd like to buy a three- or four-pin connector like the one in the picture below but I don't know what this kind of connector is called.

  2. Hopup


    Jul 5, 2015
    Board to board connector, header.
  3. Merlin3189


    Aug 4, 2011
    I think they are generally known as Dupont connectors. You can buy male and female pins and a range of plastic headers, from single pin, 2x1, 4x1, 4x2, and larger. For sizes that you can't get, use a larger one and cut it down.
    You can polarise them (make them not reversible) by blocking one or more holes in the female part and omitting the corresponding pin(s) on the male part.
  4. AnalogKid


    Jun 10, 2015
    The generic term is wire-to-board. The part on the board is an unshrouded header. The part on the wire harness is a crimp-pin, pin-and-socket, or other names. AMP and Molex are huge in this market. The header usually is 0.1" pitch, with 2 mm as a close second. These are *not* interchangeable. However, headers and wire connectors are interchangeable across manufacturers as long as the pin spacing is correct. The pins usually are 0.25" square.

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day