Connect with us

What is the name of this kind of connector?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by seanspotatobusiness, Jan 28, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. seanspotatobusiness

seanspotatobusiness

Sep 11, 2012
    I'd like to buy a three- or four-pin connector like the one in the picture below but I don't know what this kind of connector is called.

[​IMG]

2. Hopup

Hopup

Jul 5, 2015
    Board to board connector, header.

3. Merlin3189

Merlin3189

Aug 4, 2011
    I think they are generally known as Dupont connectors. You can buy male and female pins and a range of plastic headers, from single pin, 2x1, 4x1, 4x2, and larger. For sizes that you can't get, use a larger one and cut it down.
    You can polarise them (make them not reversible) by blocking one or more holes in the female part and omitting the corresponding pin(s) on the male part.

4. AnalogKid

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
    The generic term is wire-to-board. The part on the board is an unshrouded header. The part on the wire harness is a crimp-pin, pin-and-socket, or other names. AMP and Molex are huge in this market. The header usually is 0.1" pitch, with 2 mm as a close second. These are *not* interchangeable. However, headers and wire connectors are interchangeable across manufacturers as long as the pin spacing is correct. The pins usually are 0.25" square.

ak

Ask a Question