Connect with us

What is a "Polysorb"?

Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by Erik Archer, Oct 21, 2005.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Erik Archer

    Erik Archer Guest


    I saw a schematic for that had conditioning for a 12v source that had
    a component on the source in side that was called a "Polysorb"...?
    It's symbol was a 'Z' and it supposedly was from source to ground
    to provide over-voltage protection.

  2. Sounds like a metal oxide varistor (MOV).
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Similar Threads
There are no similar threads yet.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day