Connect with us

What in the heck is a D-TUNER?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Tony Davis, Jun 3, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis

Jun 3, 2017
    I have a Pioneer plasma TV model PDP-6071PU which is giving me a fault of 12 blue flashes, the repair manual indicates "communication with the D-TUNER" but I can find no further reference to th D-TUNER in the manual. Thanks in advance.

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    Digital Tuner ??

3. 73's de Edd

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
    Sir Tony Davis . . . . .

This says it ALL . . . .includes everything into and out of it, and its ancillary support circuitry.

You can see its 75Ω RF signal input at its left and its 44Mhz output to the initial SAW IF Filter to its
    right, to then pass to the IF strip.

Basic Digital communication is via the / its SCA and SCL lines . . . requiring scope observation and
    interpreting its perceived analysis.

You also might observe the screen of the unit while being tuned in and try subjecting three planes of
    solid taps to the tuner housing. . . . . you now say . . . ? ? ?
    ( I also have a 24" crystal ball that I have to use a lot. )
    Take a standard screwdriver and drop it handle downwards from a 2 ft height . . . . that would then be
    comparative to the the maximum degree of impulse energy that you would want to be imparting upon that housing.
    See if that test produces any response on the TV screen during those three instances.
    If so, there could be loose internal ground plane solder connections from the internal tuner board to the metal case periphery.

Relevant Schema Page . . . . .

[​IMG]
    http://i.imgur.com/eP5VVLw.jpg

Thassssssit

73’s de Edd

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    bushtech and davenn like this.
Ask a Question