Connect with us

What happened to EinarA?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Members Lounge' started by KrisBlueNZ, Mar 4, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    Does anyone know?

He posted some helpful ideas on a few threads I was involved with.

Now those posts seem to have disappeared!

CDRIVE and I (and others?) did criticise some aspects of his designs... Perhaps he felt he was being attacked?

That would be sad. I think he could have been a valuable member.

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Looks like he has deleted most of his posts.

3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    I restored his posts :)

as you said there is some helpful info in there :)

Dave

4. KrisBlueNZ

Nov 28, 2011
    davenn, was that a good idea? If he deleted them, he probably wants them gone...

5. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    there's nothing wrong with the post I reinstated .... leaving them missing just puts huge holes on the understanding of the various threads and they loose their flow

so in that situation his childish attitude and action doesnt really worry me

Dave

6. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Nothing irks me more on a forum than people that mass edit or delete post in a temper tantrum...

IMO users should not be able to delete their post or edit them blank after a fixed time... Every forum I have ever moderated I have set the ability for the users to edit post after say 24-48 hours, to prevent just this... I have never given users the ability to delete as it always cause broken threads and isn't fair to the community as a whole that participated in the threads... But, that is just my opinion...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  7. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    agreed, as in my comment as to why I reinstated them :)

Dave

8. KrisBlueNZ

Nov 28, 2011
    Fair point.

9. Ian

Ian Administrator

Aug 23, 2006
    I didn't know it was possible to delete posts indefinitely, so I've prevented that now (for the same reasons mentioned in this thread). :)

10. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    I feel a temper tantrum coming on, ....
    (That's a joke, for all you engineers)

11. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Ian on behalf of the victims :) I thank you...

As for not knowing about the settings today's message board settings have become stupid complex don't blame you one bit for missing something...

12. CDRIVE

CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

May 8, 2012
    I guess that to an experienced new guy on the block we can seem like a clique, or more more descriptive, ... a wolf pack snapping at his ankles. Admittedly, it's usually just perceived.

I have an early thread here that I don't consider one of my finest moments but I never considered deleting it.

Chris

13. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    *steve* deletes all my annoying posts.
    He must like you, CDRIVE (I still think it's beard envy)

14. CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
    I must admit it looks soft and comforting and probably why when Christmas is approaching young children are always looking at me and pointing. I've actually overheard parents saying "No, that's not Santa". :D

Chris

15. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hahahaha too funny :)

D

16. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I had a 3yo stand in the aisle of an aircraft for a 6 hour flight interrupting my reading every 5 minutes to ask if I was Santa on holidays.

And to respond to an earlier point. As moderators we can edit anyone's post whenever we like, so we kinda get used to the edit button being there (in fact I've accidentally pressed edit instead of quote more than once...)

In his own way EinarA performed a service in deleting those messages.

And yes, I must holiday in Florida just so I can go to see CDRIVE. We can sit on a porch stroking our beards and solving the world's problems (Yes, beards let you do that).

17. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    OMG!
    Are you telling me CDRIVE ISN'T Santa Claus?

18. Mitchekj

Mitchekj

Jan 24, 2010
    And the mental image I've had of Steve for the past couple years is completely invalidated. I feel like I just found out there's no Santa Claus. :(

19. CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
    Steve, I'd like that very much but I've given up solving the world's problems, or even knowing anything about them. I spent most of my life as a political junky but after the Nov elections I've been striving to be a better American by maintaining a cerebrally vegetative state. According to my test scores on AreYouStupid.com my mind is blissfully on its way to total and irretrievable oblivion. My goal is to win the highly coveted "Tabula Rasa" award. :D

Chris

Ask a Question