Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What goes here?..

Drewster

Oct 1, 2013
Hi

Newbie here!-)

So, to give some background on what I'm trying to achieve...
I am looking to add a fifth channel to the transmitter for my RC plane. The receiver I have is 6 channel and the transmitter currently has 4 channels set up. There is provisioning for a fifth channel, although upon closer inspection it seems like there's a resistor (or something... I'll call it a resistor/component for conversion sake) which has not been installed.

Noting that the one difference with the 5fth channel from the others is that it's basically an on/off type switch rather than the analogue modular type of the other channels. This is where I'm not sure if it'll be the same type of resistor/component which should be fitted here. Also the physical space for the fifth channel's resistor/component is bigger than the others (although this may simply be for after-market fitting?)

Please see below picture which shows what I’m talking about:
https://plus.google.com/photos/1091...1845278897?banner=pwa&authkey=CNDZyJvIgoPJ9AE

You should be able to see the blank space (labelled C5) and the other (C1-4) channels which have resistor/components fitted.

Please let me know if there’s some more info which will be useful to help find out what should go here. The make of the transmitter is Art-Tech and I can’t seem to find and PC board diagram.

Thanks in advance for any help available!

/Andrew

brevor

Apr 9, 2013
C5 is just a bypass capacitor for the 78M05 regulator, it has nothing to do with adding a 5th channel.