Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What does it give to us this Light Bulbs

watzmann

May 25, 2010
Hi All ,

As i'm doing a reserch in the electronic filed and need to point out some benfits for having the light bulbs , i thought beside do googling to post this question here and sure it would be so really exciting to know your opinion . ,

so please let me know what is the advatnages and disadvantages of using the light bulbs from your point of view .

I guess it will be a very nice discussion here and to get us a little bit out of the techinical electronics details .

Thanks

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
School project? Or is your government thinking of restricting their use?

Some things to consider are

heat, power, waste, colour temperature, life, "dimmability", power factor, tolerance to environmental variation, form factor, and TCO. I'm sure there are more.

Google would help you.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I like to see!

Indeed !!! I still find that LED lighting is very diffuse and doesnt produce a strong beam of light for any great distance. I have not had anyone show me a LED torch/lantern that
come close to the beam intensity of a good ol' 6V battery "Dolphin Lantern"
Even small torches a bulb blows a LED equivilent out of the darkness.
its VERY difficult to read by LED lighting compared to bulb lighting

my 2cents worth

Dave

Mitchekj

Jan 24, 2010
LED lighting (for illumination) is still in its infancy, too. My company makes all manner of LED lighting (from indicators to street lights, and much in between) that matches, and in some cases, looks a lot better than the traditional light sources at a fraction of the power consumption.

We don't make torches, not sure why but my guess is because nobody would want to buy (a well designed) one for the price it would cost. I'm not into the whole sales/marketing/business strategy thing though. But, I'm sure there's plenty of crap out there which is most likely what you've been seeing. :) Who knows, there may even be some quality LED flashlights out there already, I've never looked.

My hope is that we can start to get the price of certain technologies down before "LED Lighting" in general is branded as being crap. Not true!

55pilot

Feb 23, 2010
My hope is that we can start to get the price of certain technologies down before "LED Lighting" in general is branded as being crap. Not true!
If we are not at that point already, we are pretty darn close to it. A vast majority of customer reviews you see for most consumer LED devices are negative. Consumers are already associating LED with inferior products and the crap you see in the market is only reinforcing it. OEMs, like automotive, equipment and instrument designers will continue to adopt it because it is the better technology.

A "40 LED" desktop lamp that claims to compete with a 60W incandescent lamp but puts out a quarter of the power is not going to fly. Those that buy it are going to discover that LEDs are not as bright. The company marketed the product that way because that is what the marketing people said needed to be done and the engineers designed it with only that much power because that is what they could get for the budget the marketing people allowed them. In the end, no one wins and the superior LED technology gets thrown out.

---55p

watzmann

May 25, 2010
Thanks for your contributions - first of all i agree with you that normally LED bulbs do much saving , anyway the dicissuion point i meant here is to compare this modern electrical lights that we are using every where streets , officess , schools etc and in compare with the old oil lambs that we for sure stopped using it , what was the effect of using the electricity in lighting , sure there are enviromental ones + sociaty chnages .

what do you think ?

Thanks

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I think it sounds like you have to write an essay