Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What do you think of this oscilloscope?

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
I think you will find many will suggest you look around for a used machine that is loaded with features and abilities and invest in that vs investing in a new low cost one that lacks many features and abilities...

john monks

Mar 9, 2012
CocaCola is sort of right. I think the scope is fine. You probably want to get a cheap voltmeter and some batteries. As a small child I took regular trips to the local dump and stripped old radios and televisions of the parts and made many interesting things such as amplifiers, short wave radios, transmitters, and many other gadgets. There is no way I could afford the parts if I bought them new. I still go to a local recycling center and get the latest electronics and pull them apart just to stay up with the current technology and to see what the competition is doing. These are things you may have to do or the costs will eat you alive. I have been lucky enough to work in electronic manufacturing for most of my life. This is fun and I would not have it any other way.
I think you should get the scope and some parts and have fun.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
There's nothing particularly wrong with the scope you've pointed out.

However, as CocaCola says, you may be able to pick up something a lot better second hand. However the risk of failure (i.e. no warranty) is higher.

Alchymist

Apr 16, 2011
Not bad for the price, but I think I would hold out for a used dual channel scope. Two channels are much more versatile, especially in digital work where time relationships between signals come into play.