Connect with us

What could be inside of this device?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by jakovn, Nov 29, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. jakovn

jakovn

Nov 29, 2011
    What can be inside of this device?
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/215/zzzzgpz5.jpg/

It should be a device you put under your bed to neutralize health effects of Hartman and Curry grids - Earth radiation. I am guessing a simple coil, but what is happening if you connect it to the power outlet's ground? What do you think about it? Is this bogus device, and would there be a way to neutralize those radiations?

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    It could be anything. I'd bet on something simple.

Should it? When I was reading that I first thought it might have some use in absorbing the odours emitted after eating curries, but alas it seems it's not.

Perhaps, but considering that it seems to be connected to the mains I would expect that limits current too, like a high value resistor or a low value capacitor.

I imagine it consumes between zero and a very small amount of power. -- oh, the the ground -- I expect it gets grounded.

Nothing, unless there are some claims made.

Only if it claims to do something it doesn't

Yes, stop imagining things.

3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    or a larger amount of smoke and sparks !!!

of course it would help if we could read the language

D

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    more hokus pokus totally non scientific
    a portion from one page I pulled off google....

neutralize health effects of Hartman and Curry grids - Earth radiation....

what a load of garbage lol

D

5. jackorocko

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
    I laughed so hard I about lost my lunch.

6. DrPinky

DrPinky

Nov 7, 2011
    Interesting............ very......very....Interesting..................Ok I don't get. :confused:

7. jakovn

jakovn

Nov 29, 2011
    I know it is a load of garbage, but wtf is wrong with you? Are you all mental? Stop sniffing those lead fumes...

8. MattyMatt

MattyMatt

Mar 24, 2011
    If you know its a load of garbage, then why are you asking what is wrong with us? As far as all of us being mental... I can say as far as I go, that I am, but only a little, nothing that would cloud my judgement to where I would do something dangerous or bring harm on anyone.

And as far as sniffing the lead fumes, well... soldering does have its disadvantages, and while a lot of the time I do not use any kind of extractor, I do occasionally use a very large fan with a filter on the back side, but this is when I know I will be spending a lot of time rebuilding things.

I think I have answered/responded to all of your concerns.... let us know if you have any more though :)

Take care and enjoy.
    Matt-

9. alfa88

alfa88

Dec 1, 2010
    I would suggest, Jakovn, that you buy one, open it up, take a pic, post the pic and enlighten us all.
    By the way, it sort of looks like a pillow speaker.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
Ask a Question