Connect with us

What connector is this and how to extend it with an adapter or patch cord?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by vestaviascott, Jul 28, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. vestaviascott

vestaviascott

Jul 28, 2013
    I've got a Cyber Acoustics CA-3602 2.1 Satellite speaker system on my outside deck that provides incredible sound for a bargain priced system ($40 at Amazon.com)

The one problem I have with it is that the cord that connects the "Control Pod" is too short. I've uploaded some pics below to show what the connector looks like. I need to run a patch cable between the sub unit and that connector in order to extend it far enough so that it reaches my main seating area where I can control the audio, base, volume, etc from the control puck.

Any ideas how I can do this or what this type of connector is called so that I can search for an adapter?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. vestaviascott

vestaviascott

Jul 28, 2013
    I believe I need something like this?

[​IMG]

If so, what's it called and where might I find one?

3. vestaviascott

vestaviascott

Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  4. Raven Luni

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
    Get 2 of them or look for a bigger one. And it tells you what type of cable it is on the site.

5. vestaviascott

vestaviascott

Jul 28, 2013
    Well, duh. Obviously if money is no object I can buy two and daisy chain them. How many brain cells did you burn on that one?

$36 for two cables is almost as much as I paid for the system, lol.

I'm looking for alternative or DIY solution thats more affordable. Figured this would be the place to come for more than obvious solutions.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  6. Raven Luni

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
    Check components sites for plugs and sockets of that type. Multicore cable gets expensive so single wires + sleeving might be better. The cable might also need to be shielded if its for audio to reduce interference / mains hum etc in which case youd need to look for the correct shielded multicore cable.

7. vestaviascott

vestaviascott

Jul 28, 2013
    OK, that's helpful. Thanks for the info.

Ask a Question