Connect with us

What component to use when playing single mp3 files

Discussion in 'Audio' started by nicole__, May 5, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. nicole__

nicole__

May 5, 2017
    Hi!

I intend to try to begin a simple project involving mp3 files playing, but I am not really sure what components to use. I am an absolute beginner, and any thoughts will be helpful.

So, what I want to do is similar to those children books which play a given sound when you open each page. The idea is to have an mp3 file (or any file extension that can support regular songs) recorded to the component (it could be via SD card or anything else, but the smaller the better) and sensors to identify whether the page is opened or not. I am good with the sensors part, but I am not really sure what components to use in order to store and play the mp3 file.

I would appreciate some help with what components I can use and how to use them. It would be great if you could indicate me similar projects.

Thank you.

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Get an MP3 module similar to this one (sorry, I get only results in Geman here, but a quick internet search will turn up the same modules in GB). The one I linked to already comes with the required SD card. I recommend you find a seller in the EU (while you're still a member ;)) or GB.
    You will need a speaker (can be directly connected to the module) and a pushbutton plus a battery, of course to complete the circuit.
    The manual (again sorry, German, but the schematic on page 12 is self-explanatory) shows how to connect everything.
    The module is supposed to play back AD4 and WAV files. However, the one I used some time ago required AD4 and would not play WAV files. You may therefore need software to convert WAV or MP3 toAD4$ on your PC. You'll find this software on the internet for free (at least for your purposes).

Ask a Question