Connect with us

What component is this? And where can I get one?

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by phantompilot1975, Apr 27, 2019.

1. phantompilot1975

phantompilot1975

Apr 27, 2019
    Hi all,

New here and this is my first post. Just getting into electronics and really need your help. What is the circled component and where can I buy/get one? Would really appreciate some help. Thanks!

component.jpg

2. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    What is it in?
    I would guess that it is an inductor in a power feed to reduce interference.

Good picture.

davenn likes this.
  3. phantompilot1975

phantompilot1975

Apr 27, 2019
    This is a board from a Skycontroller 2 controller for a Parrot Bebop 2 drone. Out of shot on the left is a USB port where a cable plugs in between the controller and phone or tablet if that's any help?

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009

The L1704 marking on the board is the giveaway ... as @duke37 said, an inductor (2 inductors in the one package)
    they will be in series with the Data+ and data - lines from the USB port

So why do you think you need a replacement ??

Dave

5. phantompilot1975

phantompilot1975

Apr 27, 2019
    A good friend had an issue with his controller whereby when he put his cable in the USB port broke and tore some components off the board. His brother has the same gear so I took a photo as you see, of what a working unit looks like with all it's parts so I could work out and find what was missing. Thanks guys for your help. Would it be possible to buy another one and where?

6. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    I would be tempted to determine the connections and try replacing with a couple of wire links.

7. Ylli

Ylli

Jun 19, 2018
    Yeah, looks like a simple stretched dual bead. Just jumper the top left connection to the top right, and the bottom left to the bottom right. See if it works.

Ask a Question