Connect with us

What component can alter electric flow if there is a voltage applied.

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by JPU, May 17, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. JPU

JPU

May 19, 2012
    Hi

I need a component that works in a similar way to a mosfet. However rather than act just like a switch I would like the circuit to act like an alternate switch.

In my circuit shown I have tried to explain what I mean. Lets say with switch A open, then the green LED lights. When switch A is closed (contact made) then the red LED lights.

What I need to know is what type of component do I need at SW B position to achieve this.

If you have a specific item code that would be fab. The voltages are 5-7V and 500mAh.

Any help would be appreciated on this. I need it to be a small component similar to a IRLD014PBF mosfet.

Thanks in advance

JPU

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Two MOSFETs will work. They can be found already wired together in a CMOS inverter.

However, you better put some resistors in series with the LEDS. and if you use a single inverter, you would have to wire one LED to ground and the other to V+.

Bob

3. JPU

JPU

May 19, 2012
    Hi Bob

Thanks, thats great.

JPU

Ask a Question