Connect with us

What are these black things that have come loose?

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by crzer, Apr 9, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. crzer

crzer

Apr 9, 2015
    Hi!
    What are these:
    [​IMG]
    that belong here:
    [​IMG]

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi there
    welcome to EP :)

they are filter inductors ..... a length of wire with a couple of ferrite beads

Dave

3. crzer

crzer

Apr 9, 2015
    Thanks for info, now i would like to ask some further advice. Is there any possibility i could join them back where they belong to? If not, i would like to ask for advice on what do i exactly need to buy so i can get identical part.

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    you would need to remove the solder from over the holes on the bottom side of the board
    then see if there is enough wire length coming out of them to pass through the boards holes and be soldered

If not, then you could try to unglue the beads and put them over new lengths of wire that have enough length to be soldered

Dave

5. crzer

crzer

Apr 9, 2015
    I'm a bit confused how would i unglue them, do you mean i should take them apart somehow? I don't see how they are glued together.
    I don't have much experience on electronics, so i have to ask stupid: Should i get some tin and attempt to solder these back in?

6. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    look closely at them ....
    they are glued with black stuff across the tops where the wire links between them.
    its quite possible that you may be able to just gently ring bark around the tops with a small blade and slide the ferrite beads off the wire

Ask a Question