Connect with us

Westinghouse SCR 44TB2

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by jim.k, Apr 18, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. jim.k

jim.k

Apr 18, 2013
    Hi, I am repairing a shaker amplifier built in the UK in 1975. For this I need a replacement for a Westinghouse 44TB2 SCR. I have found the datasheet on the internet, but need now an address where to buy the SCR or equivalent type. Any ideas here?

Jim

Attached Files:

2. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    The 44TB2 SCR appears to be a 200V 70A device. I do not see what package it is in. If it is running at a high current, then it will need to be fitted properly into a heat sink.

It depends on which country you are in for the best place to look for a replacement, in the UK.

RS
    CPC
    Farnell
    Cricklewood Electronics
    are some places. You will need to sift through the devices available.

3. jim.k

jim.k

Apr 18, 2013
    Thanks, I am in The Netherlands, but UK is fine. The SCR is stud mounted and does run on a high current. I will check the places you mentioned.

4. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    There are different stud diameters and they may have UNF or metric thread. They do not usually come with a matching nut.
    Looking in a very old RS catalog, the bigger SCRs have a 1/2 inch-20 UNF stud.

Ask a Question