Connect with us

Weller wxd 2010

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by jazztastical, Nov 9, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. jazztastical

jazztastical

Nov 9, 2013
    Hello,

I am new to this forum so I am not sure if this is the place to post this question.

I have just acquired a Weller WXD 2010 desoldering station. It did not come with the compressor required for the desoldering pump and wondered if anyone knows the best compressor to suit this tool.

Many thanks

2. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    I'd check the Weller website.

3. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    are you sure you're not looking for a vacuum pump. Desoldering tools usually suck.

4. jazztastical

jazztastical

Nov 9, 2013
    Hi,

The manual states compressed air. I presume the Unit does some inversion of the flow but I am really not sure.

I will contact Weller on this.

Thanks

5. jitesar

jitesar

Sep 11, 2014
    I'm in the same state. Recognized, after purchase, that this dosn't have internal pump. It is not clearly stated in descriptions. I was really surprised.
    After googling I found difference, WXR3 for example has pump inside.
    So now searching how to build external pump. Any experience ?
    Using compressor it consumes 30l/min of compressed air for reversing to vacuum pump. It means relatively BIG and NOISY device under the table. So searching some rotary vane vacuum pump for this purpose...

Ask a Question