Connect with us

Weller TC201T thermostat replacement

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by dcarbone, Oct 13, 2013.

1. dcarbone

dcarbone

Oct 13, 2013
    Hey all,

I have a small problem wherein the relay which closes the heating element circuit in my Weller 201t iron is no longer closing. I'm unsure if it's a fault with the relay itself or with the thermostat responsible for tripping the relay, but given that they are effectively one unit I assume it is possible to replace them as such.

My question is, I cannot find a replacement thermostat/relay anywhere. I can easily find replacement tips, heating elements, and entire needles, but no relay/thermostat.

Has anybody else here been able to find one or will I be force to spend $100 on a new needle? Any guidance is welcome.

-Daniel

2. Nobody

Nobody

Aug 31, 2013
    TC201T is just a pencil. What station do you have? What model?

3. dcarbone

dcarbone

Oct 13, 2013
    I'm aware of this, however the question was about the model # of the switch assembly / thermostat which is a part within the pencil itself. I eventually found it through heavy googling and it is now functioning properly. It's Weller part # SW60.

Ask a Question