Connect with us

Water Temperature Controller - cheap and programmable?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by mattcass, May 1, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. mattcass

mattcass

May 1, 2010
    Hey everyone

I'm a student on a budget and have a project that would be so much easier with automatic control.

What I need to do is increase the water temperature of a bath by 1C every hour. I would need the set water temperature regulated between temperature changes. I have a continuous source of water and all I need to do is increase that water temperature.

Here is what I am picturing:

- a flow-through holding tank with water flowing in at a rate that won't see the bath increase in temperature with heat from the room
    - a heater submerged in the bath
    - a digital, programmable controller that will switch the heater on/off to heat the water to the set point and then maintain temperature in the bath until the next temperature

How can I do this?

I have no idea how to set up controller systems. I have lots of heaters and stuff, it's the programmable control that's the tricky part.

Thanks for any help and ask me anything! I'll be watching and happy to answer.

2. mattcass

mattcass

May 1, 2010
  3. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    That controller looks to be programmable and the manual describes how to program it. A quick read suggests that you could program 8 steps each an hour long with a different temperature.

Ask a Question