Connect with us

WATER ROCKET - Deployment Timer

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by almioten, Dec 25, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. almioten

almioten

Dec 25, 2012
    Hey guys im new on this yet i really need some help on what i need on this project!
    Anyone know the components or parts list of this?
    Sorry! Super Urgegnt on this project!
    [​IMG]

2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    All the parts are denoted, just copy them to a list... Do a little Googling on schematic reading tutorials, your posted schematic is pretty basic so you should be able to read it like a book after a just a quick schematics 101 tutorial... The only deviation I would suggest is skip using two 555s and use a 556 instead...

3. almioten

almioten

Dec 25, 2012
    uh ok! Im not sure about doing that cause i just borrowed this circuit from someone!

4. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    The circuit is hardly a secret, it's been released to the public... Learning how to read schematics is just a skill and one that will benefit you if you plan to build this or any other circuit, doesn't matter what schematic it is...

http://www.aircommandrockets.com/DeployTimer1_1.htm

5. almioten

almioten

Dec 25, 2012
    Ive been searching for "How To's" but i keep ending up on complicated things i do not understand! The only Skill i have is to solder things up and etch PCB boards

6. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Did you follow the link I gave you in my first reply? Follow the hits on the first page you should learn a lot even if they are not all 100% relevant...

7. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Do you understand what any of the symbols are on a schematic?

Perhaps the zig zag lines?

This might help.

8. almioten

almioten

Dec 25, 2012
    Well yeah ive got some lessons on symbols but i dont know what to do with the numbers and letters besside it?

9. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    What did the tutorials you read say the numbers/letters signified?

10. almioten

almioten

Dec 25, 2012
    LOL! I have no idea at all!

11. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    One is an identifier (L1, D3, R6, C4). This uniquely labels each component.

The other (which may not be present) is a value (resistance of resistors, inductance of inductors, capacitance of capacitors), or an identifier describing something more complex (e.g. the part number of an IC)

Typically you also have a list of the identifiers with a more full description of the components (it may mention voltage ratings of capacitors, wattage of resistors, etc) or you may have to figure this out yourself.

If you're lucky there will be a description of the circuit which tells you how it works and references the identifiers of the components so you know what it's referring to.

Ask a Question