Connect with us

Water Level Sensor

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by Bijay Singh Negi, May 1, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Bijay Singh Negi

Bijay Singh Negi

May 1, 2015
    Hi, all i found this sensor in a steam generator but can't find its name and manufacture or type. pl help me what it called
    pl find the sensor in attachement,

Attached Files:

2. ramussons

ramussons

Jun 10, 2014
    That's a thermostat that breaks the heater supply. This is normally wired in series with the heater; in larger steam generators, it my be controlling a Relay which, in turn, switches ON / OFF the heating element.

3. Bijay Singh Negi

Bijay Singh Negi

May 1, 2015
    U mean over heating protector

4. Kiwi

Kiwi

Jan 28, 2013
    hevans1944 likes this.
  5. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    Disconnect this device and connect a continuity tester (ohmmeter) across the two leads. Bring one pole of a strong magnet, such as a rare-earth neodymium magnet very near the bottom plastic case. If the circuit closes (or opens) there is a reed relay inside and it is probably a water level sensor as @Kiwi suggested. If nothing happens when the magnet is brought near, turn the magnet so the other pole is facing the device and repeat the continuity test. Move the magnet all around the plastic bottom. If still nothing happens, it is either not a water level sensor, or your magnet isn't strong enough to actuate the reed switch, or the reed switch is defective. Look in the bottom of the water tank for the missing float magnet.

Arouse1973 likes this.
  6. ramussons

ramussons

Jun 10, 2014
    I think Kiwi is right :) Level.jpg

7. Kiwi

Kiwi

Jan 28, 2013
    I probably shouldn't say this, but "I know that I am right".
    Those are the lugs that the float pivots on. I have seen many of them in my working life.

The second photo in the original post even shows the arrow to advise which way is up when installing the level switch.

8. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    I bet dollars to donuts that the OP has yet to look in the tank for the missing float.

Ask a Question