Connect with us

Water damage?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Hisart, Jul 25, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Hisart

Hisart

Jul 25, 2011
    I have some small appliances that accidentally got wet (Thunderstorm) and was wondering if they are salvageable. I haven't plugged them in and plan on opening them up to dry them out. If they are thoroughly dried out before I plug them in, will they be alright? I plan on plugging them into an extension cord from the garage and then using the breaker panel to turn on the juice while the appliance sets out on a milk crate in the driveway.

Is this a lost cause, or is there hope?

Thanks!:D

2. Resqueline

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
    Sweet (fresh) or rain water is no problem, but contaminated murky flood water certainly is - then all contaminants will need to be flushed out before drying.
    Use compressed air to get the remaining water out of all those tight & enclosed nooks & crannies. This is vital to a speedy drying period that can otherwise take weeks.

3. Hisart

Hisart

Jul 25, 2011
    I flushed them out with tap water just in case and I have an air compressor that I use for airbrushing, :D

4. Resqueline

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
    Ok, you should be set for a resque then. :) Depending on air humidity you might want to leave them to dry for a couple of days, or up to a couple of weeks.

Ask a Question