Maker Pro
Maker Pro

WARMING METHOD FOR LAMP ANALYSIS

Federico Zanardi

May 16, 2015
Hi guys. I'm a new user and this is my first post in this forum. I'm gonna realize an optical sensor, precisely a turbidimeter and for doing it I need to idealize a low power consumption method to warm a test tube containing a liquid. I've to get a steady final temperature of 60°C with a maximum current consumption of 0.8 Ampere. Furthermore the sensonr is obviously a small device, so I need to a solution which is not cumbersome.
My first idea was using a Peltier Cell, but this is not the true way cause of the elvated quantity of Ampere necessary to get my final target.
Could someone suggest a smart way for solivng this problem?

Thanks for the attention. Have a nice day,

Federico

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Hello Federico.
You could use Nichrome wire wrapped around the test tube and power it from a constant current source. You may also benefit from some temperature measurement feedback if an exact temperature is required.
Thanks
Adam

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I'm not sure if you're trying to run this as a test, on a lab bench. In which case I would suggest buying a variable heat temperature bath.
Or if you're trying to run this in an on-going field operation.
What exactly are you trying to do?
Are you trying to find a 'zero' point for a calibration of your sensor, or an 'optimum' set-point value from which to control an operation?
Are you trying to keep your optical sensor at a specific temperature while you're running a process control function outside of the sensor-isolated test tube?
I'm thinking a little more specific information might help us point you in the right direction.

Federico Zanardi

May 16, 2015
Hello. Thanks to everyone for the useful answers. I've to realize an optical sensor working at a steady temperature of 60°C, which is essential in order to perform LAMP method for analyzing a sample of DNA for example, or others substances. I need to warm the base of my test tube having sizes 12mm x 12mm, so I've to look for a solution that permits to get my target temperature according to these sizes. So yes this is a lab test at the moment, if you can give me some solutions I need also to the benchmarks related to it, so values of current and tension consumption and sizes.
Thank you

Federico Zanardi

May 16, 2015
I wanna add just one thing. I tried to use Peltier Cell cause of its dimension is perfect for my goal, but it uses too current. My main issue is this, because I need to mantain the current consumption as low as possible. According to this observation the time necessary to reach the target temperature and the Volts used for my goal are not of big relevance.
Thank you