Connect with us

Wanting to use a new microcontroller with Arduino software

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by tj107us, Dec 31, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. tj107us

tj107us

Apr 23, 2011
    Hey guys Im wanting to create my on microcontroller board using the Mircochip dsPIC30F3011 -30I/P microcontroller, so my question is; will the Arduino bootloader work with this chip or does the dsPIC30F3011 -30I/P have a different architect and wont work with the bootloader?

thanks for and help!
    tj

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    They are two totally different beasts. The arduino bootloader will not have any chance of working.

3. jpanhalt

jpanhalt

Nov 12, 2013
    Steve, My comment exactly, but what are you doing online at this hour?

Happy New Year

John

4. richardb

richardb

Dec 21, 2013
    Can I ask why you want to do this?

The closest I think you will get is firewing but the language is more like vb.net, but it is compatible with arduino shields.

http://www.firewing.info

5. tj107us

tj107us

Apr 23, 2011
    Ok thanks!! Thats what I figure, I wonder how hard it would be to write a bootloader for it? But then again i might just scrap the idea and just use an Arduino!! lol

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  6. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    There are bootloaders available for PICs, for free even. But that will not allow you to use Arduino software, it will only allow you to download a new PIC program over USB or serial.

Bob

7. p.erasmus

p.erasmus

Jul 18, 2013
Ask a Question