Connect with us

Wanted EE Symbols

Discussion in 'Electronic Design' started by Dennis, Nov 26, 2003.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Dennis

    Dennis Guest

    Need library of EE symbols.


  2. Did you want that for some particular drawing program? Or just pictures,
    that you can use in your own hand-drawn schematics?

    They are somewhat different in the US than in elsewhere - e.g., in the US a
    resistor is zigzag lines, in UK it's a rectangle. They have changed a bit
    over time in both places, so what any particular engineer uses is subject to
    variation. (For instance, I'm still working to get the useful habit of
    drawing a MOSFET with its gate lead coming from the source side, rather than
    the center, of the line that indicates the gate.)

    If you download an electronics CAD program - e.g., Eagle, from CADSoft -
    it'll give you a good many, though you may be on your own to guess UK versus
    US. If you need particularly abstruse symbols that may not work.
  3. Greg Neff

    Greg Neff Guest

    IEEE Std 315-1975
    IEEE Std 315A-1986


    Greg Neff
    VP Engineering
    *Microsym* Computers Inc.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day