Connect with us

Wanted:- defunct Taser (Stungun) PCB's

Discussion in 'Misc Electronics' started by Andre, Nov 15, 2004.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Andre

    Andre Guest


    I'm trying to get hold of some high voltage vacuum potted transformers
    for research (self contained Lifter) purposes, and think I have found
    a solution that is not particularly expensive.

    What I've found is that stun guns (TASERs) use this very same
    transformer but only cost a few pounds to buy if you know where to get

    Here's what I need.

    1) Obtain stun gun, broken, working or whatever
    2) Disable it by damaging or cutting the PCB or similar, so it cannot
    be repaired (so as not to get Customs&Excise down on me or the seller
    like a ton of bricks) but not damaging the two power transformers.
    3) Email [email protected] (yahoo) (dot) com to tell me where to send the
    Paypal payment
    4) Post to my address (not in UK).

    Can anyone help?

    Don't worry, I won't ask where you got them, as far as I (and the
    Govt) are concerned, a broken stun gun is just a collection of
    components. They don't ban plasma lamps which use almost the same
    parts so I don't expect any trouble in this department.

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day