Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wanted Camera w motion sensor,sends pics

mrkstolberg

Jul 17, 2011
I am looking to buy or have someone build a game camera that has a motion sensor trip and can then remotely send the pictures to a cell or laptop. Any ideas who, or where I might go to find this. I found a motio sensor game camera that was reasonable, but didnt send to a cell phone or laptop. Could you some how combine the two, say have a cell phone attached to the camer+motion sensor combo and then have it send pics? Is there a website that takes on these type of projects?

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
there are premade kits that have both, i could list a few sites, but the question becomes what do you need? swann for example have a model that is recorded to a laptop but the software supplied allows access from anywhere in the world. there are recievers that have a server built into it. also when you say send to a cell what sort? if you mean a smartphone then you could possibly just log in like a normal webpage. if you don't have net access and want to stream via bluetooth(very limited range) or accross a lan there are cameras for that to. if you describe how you want the images sent, the quality of pic you want, indoor/outdoor use and net or wireless lan maybe i can point you to a premade one. if you are determined to make one let us know what requirements and we could help further

mrkstolberg

Jul 17, 2011
Hey thanks Donkey for response. I am looking for a discreet outdoor/game camera which will take pictures when tripped buy a built in motion sensor. Then send these photo's immediately to an email acct or cell phone.

mrkstolberg

Jul 17, 2011
I am going to use it to watch a family cabin deep in the woods, which has been broken into a few times. The cabin has no power so a built in battery with good life is a must. I dont think I need sound or streaming vid, unless the unit comes with it or its not much of a cost upgrade. I will have a few cameras in place, so date time and location of the picture taken by the camera, on the picture, would be nice. I found this an LTL Acorn model ltl-5210, do you think that fits the bill? What other companys exist with these specific requirements for the item. Is this a high priced item? What am I looking to spend? The area in question gets good cell service signal. Thanks for any info you have. Mark

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
hey mark been busy working so not been on to respond til now and i apologise. i can help you out with locating the systems needed, the thing that i have problems with is the lack of power. most units i know of will use mains power, so you might need some sort of charging station with an inverter(thats outside of my area of expertise).
the model you show is looking good and i hope you find a great place to put it. just make sure you run a few tests on it in night vision mode. most cameras are good but some may say 40ft and its true, but the image is blurry.and the one shown on the website i found had lights in it so was not a good representation of night mode. best of luck and sorry it took so long to write back.

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
Modern consumer electronics isn't something I know about (hats off to Donkey) but aren't there programmable cell-phones available which could do nearly the whole job?

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
believe in this case the device will have to stay on for long periods of time and a standard cell lasts about a week. the only thing i noticed is the device described runs of 8 aa batteries before you upgrade to include a cell notification. i wouldn't want to spend $300 and stuff it up but i would consider using a 12v battery for a longer period without the need to check it. depending on how the batteries are used that is(it may actually run 2 6v circuits or something like that)
and ty mystic i do security work and love knowing about our systems, i actually used this forum (and a few parts from jaycar) to design a fenceline burglar system, one day i will post the design and ask for some "tweaking"