Connect with us

Wanted: A Non-Ferous Metal Magnet

Wanted: Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by dinero123, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Scroll to continue with content
  1. dinero123

dinero123

Feb 17, 2012
    Hello: I am trying to locate/create a non-ferrous magnet. If someone can make one for me, I would be willing to pay for their time and parts. The only one that I can find is in the following diagram. Please contact me if you would be interested.

Attached Files:

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Some rare earth magnets don't contain iron.

Ah, that's not what you want.

I guess you can just follow the instructions to make something that uses eddy currents (presumably)

3. dinero123

dinero123

Feb 17, 2012
    Hello. I am not looking to buld this. I am looking to hire someone who I can pay to buuld me one.

4. poor mystic

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
    :)
    I do not jump at the chance. Anyway, we don't know where to deliver the magnet, which is important because transport ain't cheap.

5. Raven Luni

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
    I have a bit of an obsession with magnets so I dug around and found a better explanation of it. I must admit I am skeptical though. There is a slight aroma of pseudo-science about it. Considering the potential applications of such a device, why havent we seen them in industry?

Anyway - try this page: http://www.rexresearch.com/mrmagnet/mrmagnet.htm

P.S. I learned my lesson when I spent ages building a rodin coil. You're on your own with this one :p

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  6. Raven Luni

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
    And if you do go for it, I would advise using a smaller scale and using some form of current limiting.

Ask a Question