Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Want my microwave working again

BronxBoys77

May 22, 2010
Hello all. I recently came home to find my microwave not working. I took it apart and found the fuse blown. My question is if I Can replace it with any glass fuse or was it ceramic for a reason. fuse-- 125/250 volt 20 amp ceramic with a brown stripe. Microwave GE JES1142SJ06 . Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks:confused:

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
Ceramic fuses generally have a higher breaking capacity than glass fuses, which in other words means they won't "blow up as easily" as glass fuses.
If you're unable to find ceramic replacements then at least try to get sand-filled glass fuses.
Although not entirely "proper" I'd even replace it with a glass one (slo-blo) if that's all I could get.
Just cover your eyes when you switch it on (if you don't put the cover on). ;)
There may of course be a reason the fuse blew. There is a HV rectifier or two, and a HV capacitor. One or both may be shorted.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
...And the capacitor inside a microwave is just plain deadly -- be *VERY* careful.

BronxBoys77

May 22, 2010
I thank you both! I will try to locate the ceramic fuse. I am close to a Grainger warehouse any other locations or links to purchase one would also be helpful. Again much thanks!:)