Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Want a challenge that pays? I need help.

FX Design

May 22, 2012
I am looking for a person able to design and assemble PC boards used to control custom FX units of our design. You must have experience in RF, programming, etc. and have your own workshop. I will supply projects (minimum 24 per run). I would need you to supply me with ready to install harnesses for our projects.

You will be paid per unit delivered. Price per unit will be arrived at by mutual agreement. I have enough projects to keep you busy for an entire year. Work at your own pace.

Interested parties may ask for more detailed information.

clove333

May 21, 2012
tell me more

I might be able to help you out. Need to find out a few more specifics.
Do you have a program to do lay out and verify the design? I have some experience
with Tango schematic and board layout but I dont know if it will work with current
windows versions.
How complex are these FX units? Like parts count and vendors since that goes a
long way towards setting parts mounting centers and so forth. What is an FX unit
anyway?
How many layer pcb are we talking and is it all SM parts?

I dont have a reflow soldering setup so SM is probably out of my league.
There's an excellent small run pc board manufacturer in Oakland called
Boardworks. Guy named Rob Appledorn runs it. Always did right by me in
the past. He just makes the raw boards though. He might have a lead on someone
who can do SM work if that's what you require.
Cheers,
clove333

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
I might be interested in said projects, feel free to PM me and provide more details so we can talk about this further... I'm able to provide the complete design service all the way to finished product ready to install...

Also without getting into details I have done practical theatrical stage and film electronics effects, so this might very well be right up my alley...

Last edited:

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
FX Design I sent you a PM with my email, let me know if it worked... I know you have to have so many post to send PMs but maybe you can receive them? If not I'll try something else ;)