Connect with us

Walki Talki's

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by badhabitsau, Apr 25, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. badhabitsau

badhabitsau

Apr 25, 2013
    Hi:D Does anyone know if different brands of walki talki sets can talk to eachother. Is it just the channels etc? Thanks:confused:

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Presuming they use the same form of modulation (AM, FM, SSB) and the same frequencies -- yes

3. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Usually when you buy them, they're labelled with the 'channel' they operate on.
    (Or the frequency, which is it's 'channel')

4. john monks

john monks

Mar 9, 2012
    I have several walki talki set of different brands that can talk to each other. Most of them uses the citizens band here in the U.S.A. and one uses FM around 450 MHz.

5. badhabitsau

badhabitsau

Apr 25, 2013
    Thanks for the reply !

6. badhabitsau

badhabitsau

Apr 25, 2013
    Thanks mate, I know the ones I want to talk to have channels basically it says channel 12..that works for them so I presume I just set the new ones to channel 12

7. badhabitsau

badhabitsau

Apr 25, 2013
    Thanks mate I presume they are the same and the two I have are set to channel 12 so I guess I'll just set the new ones to that too.

8. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
    working in security I will confirm this. we have Icom, Motorola and they walk beautifully.
    with the more advanced models you can get in and set channels. with the basic models there are preset channels.
    the only thing that might hinder you is if the model you have has a basic encryption on it. in which case you will have to modify your new radios to the same encryption

9. badhabitsau

badhabitsau

Apr 25, 2013
    Basically thats what veryone is telling me too just set them to the same channel and it should all be sweet. Thanks.

10. badhabitsau

badhabitsau

Apr 25, 2013
    looks like they do, thanks.

11. badhabitsau

badhabitsau

Apr 25, 2013
    Thanks to every one who replied...sounds like Ill have no problems !!

Ask a Question