Connect with us

Wahl "Peanut" Electric Razor blown

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by SHesington, Aug 21, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. SHesington

SHesington

Aug 21, 2017
    I just returned from the UK last week, and while there I plugged my Wahl razor into an outlet using an adapter. However, apparently it wasn't a convertor as well, because my razor "popped" and was instantly dead.

Is this repairable? If so, can I do it myself or do I need to have it done by an expert?

2. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    Welcome to EP!
    The most likely fault is a burnt-out coil. I doubt repair would be economical.

3. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    I would suspect the manufacturers anticipated this possibility and fitted some circuit protection device - likely and in-line fuse or such. It should be readily apparent if it is a 'replaceable' item.

4. 73's de Edd

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
    Sir SHesington . . . . . . .

I would fully expectorate that you hit the unit with a FULL . . . and that's being hea-veeeee on the FULL . . . 220/40 and it zapped the hash inductor that passes off AC to be converted to DC with the Full Wave Bridge and then goes directly into the units "Peanut " powered 5 Watt 120VDC motor.
    Pull out ye olde tyme ohm metre and see that the motor was probably saved, but the 47uh inductor is open circuit, while some of the 4 junctions of the FWB might have also crunched down.

INTERNAL REFERENCING:

[​IMG]

73's de Edd

5. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009

no image to see

Ask a Question