Connect with us

Votage Selector plug on back of transformer

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by billygruz, Jun 11, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. billygruz


    Jun 11, 2013
    I have lost the plug that is used on the back of my transformer to select the input voltage. I have attached a picture of the socket. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement part? I am having no luck on my own. A normal US NEMA 1-15 plug fits into it if that helps with the size of the socket.

    Attached Files:

  2. KrisBlueNZ

    KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

    Nov 28, 2011
    If a standard US mains plug fits into it, perhaps you could use a standard US mains plug, with its pins connected together internally, as the link?

    You might want to modify the plug shell somehow (e.g. grind it down, dip it in bright coloured paint, etc) or even replace the plug shell with some kind of encapsulating resin, to make it obvious that it's not supposed to be plugged into a mains socket!
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day