Connect with us

Volts to ohms for fuel sender

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Calabashmc, Jan 19, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Calabashmc

Calabashmc

Jan 18, 2016
    yes more bars = more fuel. The measurements I took may not be super accurate as I only have a cheap multimeter. The manufacturer provided additional info (post #37). Is this now enough information for someone to come up with a solution?
    I can build it if you provide design and willing to try any number of designs but need the diagrams for me to understand.
    Thanks

2. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    Do you see the inconsistency? Why 6 bars for an empty tank?

3. Calabashmc

Calabashmc

Jan 18, 2016
    Alec_t I don't know what you mean. 6 bars indicates full tank not empty. With 10Ω resistor I get full tank which makes sense as the old style fuel level sensor being a resistive stick and ball would have higher resistance the emptier the tank.
    So to reiterate, my fuel level sensor is sonic not resistive and outputs 0.9V when full to 3.8V when empty. My fuel gauge works on the old resistive style with the measurements I have provided.

4. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    ??

5. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    With 10Ω you get the smallest voltage which is the fewest bars on the display.

Bob

6. Calabashmc

Calabashmc

Jan 18, 2016
    No, sorry I got that arse about in my earlier post. Lower Ω means fuller tank. Sorry for the confusion.

7. Calabashmc

Calabashmc

Jan 18, 2016
    Can you draw a diagram of this for me? I'll do it but need to know the bits to buy and how to put it together.

Ask a Question