Connect with us


Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by [email protected], Jan 26, 2007.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Guest

    I was just wondering if someone can recommend an inexpensive voltmeter
    that can measure the RMS voltage of a 70 MHz wave. Also, it would help
    if the voltmeter has a serial port interface or some other type of
    computer communications functionality.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thank you.
  2. John Fields

    John Fields Guest

  3. chuck

    chuck Guest

    You might try looking at some of the older HP meters advertised on Ebay.
    If you'd be willing to settle for a peak reading, you can purchase an
    inexpensive RF probe that will work with most DMMs. You haven't
    mentioned the voltage magnitude you expect to measure. If it is in the
    millivolt range, then search Ebay for an RF millivoltmeter.

    Good luck.

  4. Jamie

    Jamie Guest

    I have an (OLD) R.F. voltage meter that's good for
    1 GHz. it's hard to believe that back then they could
    make things of such nature actually work that high in freq.
    what's really interesting is that it has a spinning
    optical gate unit in side. and it has tubes!
    i have two of these units which are very sensitive and
    work nicely..
    THey were EBay treasures.., i bid on one and got 2 sent to
    me , the second for parts. Was able to fix the second one.
    now i have 2~! :)
  5. Probably a chopper amplifier.

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day