Connect with us

Voltage Indicator Part

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by ICGengineerTech, Dec 10, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. ICGengineerTech

ICGengineerTech

Aug 15, 2012
    I am building a test fixture to testing a device, a router of sorts. I have LEDs and switches for my outputs and inputs respectively. I also have a lot of RJ45 & RJ11 ports. I also have a handful of DB9 connectors. Off of my router I am testing I also have two power pins (+12v & +12v return). Does anyone know of a simple way to indicate 12v on those pins? I was thinking a simple LED but this wouldn't show any under or over voltages. Does anyone know of a simple voltage indicator display component that might work for me? Something simple but still able to show what voltages are on these two pins to at least a 10th of a volt but a 100th would be better. Thanks so much for any resources your can direct me to.

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    The closer you get, the more complex the circuitry. A simple option is a LED in series with a zener diode (and of course a series resistor) An additional resistor across the LED also helps.

Or wire one of those voltmeter modules across it. Many are line powered in this voltage range too.

3. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  4. ICGengineerTech

ICGengineerTech

Aug 15, 2012
    These ideas will work perfectly with my project. Thanks so much for the push in the right direction. I had no idea they made these little convenient modules.

Ask a Question