Connect with us

Voltage Dependent switch

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by vishugupta, Sep 14, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. vishugupta


    Sep 14, 2018
    I want know is there any way I can control a switch using the envelope signal of a modulated signal. I have signal which like a decaying Rabi oscillation and I want to control a switch from the sinusoidal envelope function only. Signal screenshot is attached below....

    Attached Files:

    • rabi.png
      File size:
      602.6 KB
  2. Harald Kapp

    Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

    Nov 17, 2011
    Welcome to EP.
    It is possible:
    1. Create a signal that represents the envelope using an envelope detector.
    2. Create the on/off signal using a comparator. Adjust the threshold of the comparator to match your requirements.
    the internet has heaps of example circuits for both functions.
  3. Nanren888


    Nov 8, 2015
    By "sinusoidal envelope" you mean the envelope of the sinusoid, right?
    So you want the switch to be on while the envelope is high?
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day