Connect with us

Vizio TV fix help

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by pday13, Jun 12, 2013.

1. pday13

pday13

Jun 12, 2013
    Hi I am new to this forum and I am hoping someone here knows TVs well enough to help me out. The TV's model number is VW46L FHDTV20A. The problem is when I turn the TV on it works just fine for a while and then while I am watching it the left half of the screen randomly gets really dark and this bleeds from right to left on the screen. The problem is mostly absent from the right side of the screen and the very top. I have attached some images of what it looks like when this happens.

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

I am hoping that someone can tell me the problem and the steps that should be taken to fix it ( I have no problem with opening it up and replacing any component that needs to be replaced as it is out of warranty). Thank you for your help.

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    Hi pday
    welcome to the forums :)

this seems to be a pretty common problem with that TV
    doing a google search on your model number came upw ith many hits

I suggest you do the same and start reading through them and see if a cure was discovered :)

Dave

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  3. pday13

pday13

Jun 12, 2013
    Thank you very much for the welcome; I have been scouring the internet and the problem appears to be that the LCD panel is bad (diagnosed by the fact that the problem goes away when pressure is applied to the side). Do you know of any website that may have a replacement panel for sale? I have looked everywhere online and can not find one.

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    no I dont, sorry

the manufacturer or authorised service centre would probably be your only choices

it is unlikely to be worth it anyway as a replacement panel is likely to cost lots more than a replacement TV

cheers
    Dave

Ask a Question